Here are the details of our May DeClutter For Good drive. How can you help out?
For Whom? Babies of Massachusetts Families in Need
With Whom? Cradles to Crayons
What? Baby Clothes & Equipment:
Blankets to Baby Toys,
Baby Monitors to Cribs and Strollers
Cradles to Crayons works with over 400 organizations right in Massachusetts, reaching tens of thousands of children in need, from birth through pre-teen. Know that your donations will go through their efficient distribution system into the hands of a child in need locally. What’s more, with Cradles to Crayons handling the material needs of these kids, the local service organizations can spend that much more of their time on the physical and emotional needs of those less fortunate.
Donate your child’s good-as-new crib, car seat, stroller and other baby equipment.
All equipment must be less than 5 years old, in perfect working order, with manufacturer’s instructions and contain all hardware and attachments. Please package hardware and attachments in a ZIplock bag and attach it to equipment. If cribs do not inlcude complete incstructions and all the hardware, we will not be able to accept them. Copies of instructions are often available by contacting the manufacturer directly.If batteries are required for operation, please discard old batteries and include new ones.
More Ways to Help those who are the most helpless among us ~ babies in need:
- Forward this information to local pre-schools, day-care centers, churches, scouting groups and the like, and encourage their participation (whether via the DeClutter For Good event or by hosting an event of their own).
- Share this info with friends and family with little ones.
- Share info about the baby needs with those holding yard sales.
- If you know of any high school students who would benefit from a few hours spent this month helping me spread the word of this month’s DeClutter For Good event, send them my way! It’s good for their resume, their self-esteem and their spirit!
- If you know of another local service organization that could use some baby clothes and equipment, encourage them to contact Time Well Spent and we’ll see if any items come in that fit their specific needs.